Welcome to www.FixMyStuff.org. In order to make your experience pleasant and constructive, please take your time to read through this document. Please note that these rules are subject to change without notice, though normally we announce changes via announcements. If you continue to use this website to read or submit, it would deem your consent to comply with followings rules and disclaimers.
- Use the search function before posting. It is most likely some have already asked or answered your question.
- Respect the netiquette: Lurk and get to know the forum before you post.
- Keep the focus: Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved, locked or deleted.
- Be nice to each other and respect the moderator. We will not tolerate profanity and insults. If you have a problem with another member, turn to the respective moderator and if the moderator can't help you send a private message to the Administrator.
- Do not spam. No blatant advertising.
- No warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content! Links to content of a questionable nature (e.g. anything you don't own and/or have downloaded), asking for, offering, or asking for help/helping to process such content or form will not be tolerated.
- Keep the size of personal images down.
- No cross posting. Post your message once, at the appropriate place else, the are chances of it getting locked or deleted without warning.
- Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention.
- Do not send questions pertaining to topics of discussion on this board via personal messages or email to moderators or admins. We will ignore them.
- Don't post just to increase your number of posts. If you have nothing to say on a certain matter, then don't post. The number of posts on this board has no direct relation to the experience of a member.
- How NOT to post on this forum: 5 minutes after your initial post you reply to your own post writing something like "Why is nobody helping me?" or "I'm sure you know the answer." Once somebody replies to your thread which doesn't fully answer what you've been expecting, please don't insult them.
- Do not ask "what's best" because someone cannot answer this objectively. Each and everyone has their own view about what's best in a certain area. The best is what works best for you!
- The official language is English. Outside the translator forum English is the only allowed language.
- Multiple registrations are prohibited and are grounds for immediate account deletion.
- Political discussion, discussion on religion and religious matters are prohibited.
- Do not post "offensive" posts, links or images: Do not post anything which is offensive, hateful, racist, sexist, discriminatory, obscene, vulgar or in violation of local or international laws.
- Remain respectful of other users, moderators and administrators at all times: All posts should be professional and courteous. You have every right to disagree with your fellow community members and explain your perspective. However, you are not free to attack, degrade, insult, or otherwise belittle them or the quality of this community. It does not matter what title or role you hold in these forums, you are expected to obey this rule. Doing otherwise will get your account banned temporarily, or permanently if the situation becomes severe enough (this will be left to the discretion of the moderation team). For example, phrases such as "shut up, idiot," are indicative of problematic posts and should be reported. Suggested alternatives include "I disagree with what you said for the following reasons..." Please remember to stay mature and thoughtful at all times.
- Do not post copyright-infringing material: Do not upload, attach, or otherwise post any copyrighted material which you are not free to redistribute (subject to the licensing terms of the specific item). If you have a question about having permission to post or attach a specific item, please ask a moderator. We do not condone nor accept posts pertaining to illegal activities such as hacking, cracking, warez, or spam. Any posts or threads found in violation of this rule will be edited or deleted, and the poster warned or possibly banned; at the moderation team''s discretion.
- Instructions by the moderator team are to be followed.
- No discussion about the rules or their interpretation. The interpretation of these rules is solely up to the owner of this forum and can change at any time without prior notice. If you''re unsure about what constitutes a breach of a rule, ask a member of the moderator squad or refer to the most recent precedent in the forum (though since interpretation can change, we cannot guarantee that any precedent you may find still applies so in order to be on the safe side, ask a moderator if the precedent still applies). If you don''t comply with these rules you''ll have to face a set of sanctions.
Anyone who violates these rules may have their access privileges removed without warning. A note about attachments: Each attachment has to be validated by a moderator to ensure no unwanted content is being posted. Therefore your attachments won''t be visible immediately after you upload, but only after a moderator has checked them which can take some time.
Disclaimer: www.FixMyStuff.org is open to everyone. Users are allowed to freely (without charge) read or contribute to these boards. However, we request that all users read and adhere to the published rules/guidelines. User expressly agrees that use of the FixMyStuff.org Forum website is at the user''s sole risk. Neither FixMyStuff.org, its affiliates nor any of their respective administrators, moderator staff, agents, third party content providers or licensors warrant that the FixMyStuff.org website will be uninterrupted or error free; nor do they make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from use of the FixMyStuff.org Forum website, or as to the accuracy, reliability or content of any information, service, or merchandise provided through the FixMyStuff.org Forum website. This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury, caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, forum shut down, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortuous behavior, negligence, or under any other cause of action. User specifically acknowledges that FixMyStuff.org Forum is not liable for the defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of other subscribers or third-parties in cases including but not limited to any interactive communication on or through the site and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with user(s). Anyone acting upon advice or information given on this forum does so entirely at their own risk. The opinions expressed by forum users are not necessarily those of the FixMyStuff.org Forum.
www.FixMyStuff.org is a free forum with an objective to help community. Users are welcome to make a donation to help with development and maintenance costs. We use donations towards website hosting costs, licences and hardware, and also would encourage further development. By proceeding, we presume that you have read and accepted the terms and conditions.
Terms & Conditions for Donation
Liability: FixMyStuff is a free forum and donating to the FixMyStuff.org is entirely an individual decision. No liability, promises, commitments, or warranties of any kind are guaranteed or implied by donations of any amount. Donations do not afford the donator any special access to the forum, administration, or staff, nor do donations grant any special rewards, options, abilities, or status.
Service and availability: FixMyStuff may close at any time, go offline, or block anyone's access at any time for any reason. Donating to the forum does not guarantee access or usage of the game or server. While efforts to maintain reasonable content availability, availability and termination of availability is at the sole discretion of the Administration.
Refunds and transfers: Refunds and transfers are not allowed for any donations. Return of donations or gifting of donations will not be allowed at any time.
Disputes: In the event fraud or disputes the Administration will work with the donator and in cases of possible fraud, the administration will contact the appropriate authorities, if necessary, to resolve any fraudulent activities and handle the transaction as required by Indian and International Law.